1st Season: (Spring 1977)
1. "A Man About The House" (pilot) #0101 [aired March 15, 1977]
After their roommate Eleanor leaves to get married, Janet Wood and Chrissy Snow look for her replacement. They don't have to look much further than their bathroom as Jack Tripper, a crasher from the party the night before, is asleep in their tub. After convincing the landlords, Mr. & Mrs. Roper that Jack is gay, Jack is permitted to move in with the girls as the third roommate.
2. "And Mother Makes Four" #0102 [aired March 24, 1977]
Jack is preparing to move into Eleanor's room when Chrissy's mother pays a surprise visit, thinking she can stay in Eleanor's room while the girls look for another roommate.
3. "Roper's Niece" #0106 [aired March 31, 1977]
Stanley feels Jack would be a safe bet for escorting his visiting niece around the town. The niece turns out to be a very promiscuous young lady and Stanley thinks that maybe she could turn Jack straight. Jack, being all for the idea, doesn't realize the consequences: if Jack turns straight, he must move out.
4. "No Children, No Pets" #0105 [aired April 7, 1977]
Chrissy has a problem with sleepwalking and the trio have a new pet which they must hide from the Ropers.
5. "Jack The Giant Killer" #0104 [aired April 14, 1977]
A thug in the bar makes a pass at the girls and calls on Jack to defend their honor. When he declines, he's branded a coward.
6. "It's Only Money" #0103 [aired April 21, 1977
The trio can't find their rent money and thinking it was stolen, call the police. Actually, Stanley was there earlier, saw the money, picked it up and forgot to leave the receipt.
3rd Season: (Fall 1978 - Spring 1979)
32. "Double Date" #0302 [aired September 12, 1978]
Jack feigns a cold when Roper overhears him making a date on the phone. Roper, then uses the illness as an excuse to stay away from Helen's amourous advances.
33. "Good Old Reliable Janet" #0301 [aired September 19, 1978]
Tired of her traditional humdrum image, Janet, with Helen's help, takes part in some nude protests on the beach, hoping the experience will change her into a bolder, more daring Janet.When the protest is raided by police, the pair flee home without their clothes.
34. "The Love Diary" #0304 [aired September 26, 1978]
Chrissy uses a bizarre diary written by an anonymous author to bone up on her typing skills. However, Roper, reading the pages, thinks Chrissy is the wild 'Wanda X'.
35. "The Fast" #0305 [aired October 3, 1978]
The trio make a wager that each other has no willpower, Chrissy and Janet with food and Jack with women.
36. "Helen's Rendezvous" #0306 [aired October 10, 1978]
Everyone thinks Helen is secretly having an affair.
37. "My Sister's Keeper" #0307 [aired October 17, 1978]
Janet's kid sister comes for a visit and takes an instant liking
to Jack, raising Janet's ire.
38. "Chrissy And The Guru" #0303 [aired October 24, 1978]
The Rama, a shyster guru recruiting for his commune has Jack and Janet suspicious when he tries to recruit Chrissy, who falls for his phoney story.
39. "Larry's Bride" #0309 [aired October 31, 1978] Gloria, Larry's fiancee is a golddigger and had a secret crush on Jack in high school. She makes a play for Jack and Larry misunderstands the situation, thinking the reverse happened.
40. "Chrissy's New Boss" #0308 [aired November 14, 1978]
Chrissy gets chosen to accompany her boss on a prestigious business trip. Jack thinks her boss just wants to get Chrissy alone, not realizing Chrissy's boss is also a woman and mistakenly takes out his revenge on an innocent bar customer.
41. "The Crush" #0311 [aired November 21, 1978]
The trio agree to babysit a young girl who gets a crush on Jack so badly, she starts, jealously, cancelling his dates.
42. "The Kleptomaniac" #0312 [aired November 28, 1978]
Jack thinks he sees Chrissy stealing money from him by accident by it's all a misunderstanding.
43. "The Party's Over" #0310 [aired December 5, 1978]
Helen decides she wants to make Stanley a little jealous so she makes up a phoney lover and moves out.
44. "Eleanor's Return" #0313 [aired December 12, 1978] Jack is afraid that with the return of Eleanor, the girls'original roommate, that he may be pushed out of the apartment for good.
45. "The Older Woman" #0315 [aired January 16, 1979]
Jack is dating an older woman but the girls mistake her mother for her.They enlist Larry to make the extreme sacrifice for his buddy and put the moves on her.
46. "Stanley's Hotline" #0316 [aired January 30, 1979]
Mr. Roper has been eavesdropping on the trio's conversations through a pipe in their bathroom, overhearing Jack and Chrissy talking about her wart and thinking that she is pregnant.
47. "The Catered Affair" #0314 [aired February 6, 1979]
Chrissy lines up a catering job for Jack with her company but Jack has to come to her rescue when the lecherous boss has his desires for Chrissy.
48. "The Best Laid Plans" #0318 [aired February 13, 1978]
The appearance of a mouse in the trio's apartment leads to some desires by Jack to score points with Chrissy.
49. "The Harder They Fall" #0317 [aired February 20, 1979]
Jack breaks his leg and that ruins a beautiful evening that Janet has planned with a new date.
50. "The Bake-Off" #0322 [aired February 27, 1979] Chrissy ruins Jack's prized entry in the school's bake-off contest and must replace it with a store bought pie.
51. "Triangle Troubles" #0321 [aired March 6, 1979]Jack begins dating whom he believes is an old-fashioned girl and is afraid she wouldn't understand the trio's living arrangements but little does he know that her situation is similar.
52. "An Anniversary Surprise" #0320 [aired March 13, 1979]
the trio and Mrs. Roper believe Stanley is going to announce he's leaving Helen for another woman when in actuality, he is about to announce he's sold the building and that he and Helen will be moving.
53. "Jack Moves Out" #0319 [aired May 8, 1979]
Jack gives cooking lessons to an older woman who starts making sexual moves on Jack in front of her husband at the dinner table.
2nd Season: (Fall 1977 - Spring 1978)
7. "Ground Rules" #0204 [aired September 13, 1977] After Jack and Chrissy disturb Janet's time alone with her date, the trio agree to arrange reservation times for the apartment.However, Jack has an offer he can't refuse and he tries to renege on the agreement.
8. "Jack Looks For A Job" #0201 [aired September 20, 1977] In order to earn tuition money, Jack takes on a variety of odds jobs, including an encyclopedia salesman and a nude model in a magazine
9. "Janet's Promotion" #0205 [aired September 27, 1977]
Overlooked by her boss for a promotion, Janet learns the new girl, one with a larger bustline got the job. Determined to change her luck, Janet considers breast augmentation.
10. "Strange Bedfellows" #203 [aired October 4, 1977]
With the girls away on a trip, Jack has a wild party, one he promised the girls he wouldn't have. Stanley comes up to complain but gets caught up in the fun and awakens in Jack's bed (with Jack)
and thinks he went gay overnight.
11. "Chrissy's Date" #0202 [aired October 11, 1977]
chrissy starts dating a married man although she thinks he is single.
12. "Alone Together" #0209 [aired October 25, 1977]
Chrissy is insulted and thinks she has lost her sex appeal when Jack doesn't make a pass at her on a night they are left alone in the apartment.
13. "Roper's Car" #0206 [aired November 1, 1977]
Stanley sells the trio his old car but tries to buy it back when a collector comes calling and willing to pay a lot of money for it.
14. "Cyrano De Tripper" #0210 [aired November 8, 1977] Jack agrees to cook a gourmet meal for Chrissy's date, who
happens a very fussy critic when it comes to gourmet food.
15. "Chrissy's Night Out" #0207 [aired November 15, 1977]
An undercover policeman arrests Chrissy for being a prostitute, mistaking her friendliness in the bar as being a working girl.
16. "Stanley Casanova" #0211 [aired November 22, 1977]
During one of their marital disputes, Stanley thinks he is attractive to a younger woman (a friend of Jack's) who befriends him as a favor to Jack.
17. "Janet's High School Sweetheart" #0213 [aired November 29, 1977]
Janet is shocked at the misguided attention of a jock she used to have a crush on from high school. She realizes what a creep he really is once he is all over her, thinking their past will win her over.
18. "Jack's Uncle" #0212 [aired December 6, 1977]
Jack's Uncle Fremont gives Stanley a bogus check to help pay the trio's rent but when the trio discovers that he's really broke,they try to retrieve the bad check.
19. "Helen's Job" #0208 [aired December 13, 1977]
Tired of being just a housewife, Helen decides to get a job, not realizing how little she did and how tiring a real job is.Stanley, in the meantime, must fend for himself, taking cooking lessons from Jack.
20. "Three's Christmas" #0214 [aired December 20, 1977]
Both the trio and the Ropers are invited to the same Christmas party but feel duty-bound to honor a promise to spend the night with each other. After a boring evening, both parties sneak out to go to the wingding, meeting each other there.
21. "The Gift" #0215 [aired January 3, 1978]
Roper doesn't want to buy Helen a coat but ends up doing just
that by mistake.
22. "The Rivals" #0217 [aired January 10, 1978]
Chrissy inadvertently attracts Janet's date away from her, causing tension between the girls.
23. "The Baby Sitters" #0216 [aired January 17, 1978]
Janet's babysitting job interferes with her big date so Jack and Chrissy reluctantly volunteer to help her out by doing her sitting job.
24. "Home Movies" #0218 [aired January 24, 1978]
Chrissy is dating a film critic and she starts making her own home movies to impress him. Larry uses the opportunity with the projector to arrange for some 'blue' movies with unexpected results.
25. "Jack In The Flower Shop" #0219 [aired January 31, 1978]
Jack, helping out at the flower shop, thinking Janet's manager status allows him to goof off on the job causes friction between them. However, when Janet messes up on a crucial flower order, Jack comes to her rescue.
26. "Jack's Navy Pal" #0220 [aired February 7, 1978]
Jack's old navy buddy, now blind but still just as mean, comes
to visit Jack and the girls.
27. "Will The Real Jack Tripper" #0221 [aired February 14, 1978]
Larry uses Jack's name with a woman he thinks he got pregnant.The girls overhear the conversation and think their Jack Tripper is the father. Jack thinks that his girlfriend is pregnant and proposes to her.
28. "Days Of Beer And Weeds" #0222 [aired February 21, 1978]
While weeding Roper's backyard to make a garden, the trio find what Larry says is marijuana. Helen, not realizing the discovery enters some into a flower contest
29. "Chrissy Come Home" #0223 [aired February 28, 1978]
Chrissy's father, the Reverend Snow pays the trio a visit and insists Chrissy move home once he discovers Jack is living with the girls.
30. "Bird Song" #0224 [aired May 9, 1978]
Janet has some tickets to a Frank Sinatra concert that she
can't use and is looking to give them away and Chrissy and Jack each
pamper her to win the tickets.
31. "Coffee, Tea Or Jack" #0225 [aired May 16, 1978]
A two-timing stewardess makes a fool out of Jack and Chrissy tries to come to his rescue.
4th Season: (Fall 1979 - Spring 1980)
54. "Jack On The Lam" #0401 [aired September 11, 1979]
Jack mistakes a visit from the FBI for a reference for a former Navy buddy as a mission to get him.
55. "Love Thy Neighbor" #0402 [aired September 18, 1979]
Lana's character is introduced to the series as an older woman needing an escort for the evening and Jack takes on the job.
56. "The New Landlord" #0403 [aired September 25, 1979]
Ralph Furley, the new landlord for the building is introduced in this episode.
57. "Snow Job" #0404 [aired October 2, 1979]
Chrissy gets a new sales job.
58. "Jack The Ripper" #0406 [aired October 9, 1979]
Jack takes aggressiveness sessions with a psychologist to prevent himself from being forced to knuckle under to his Dean's demands that he cook for his dinner party in order to graduate.
59. "The Life Saver" #0407 [aired October 23, 1979]
The trio are offered a nice apartment if they can break their lease as a reward for Jack's services as a chef to a grateful rich client.
60. "Old Folks At Home" #0409 [aired October 30, 1979]
Chrissy brings home an old homeless man just as she would a puppy.
61. "A - Camping We Will Go" #0405 [aired November 6, 1979]
Larry wants to make it with Laura; Jack wants to sleep, Lana wants to make it with Jack, Furley wants to make it with Lana, the girls just want to relax. Everyone ends up at the same cabin for the
62. "Chrissy's Hospitality" #408 [aired November 13, 1979]
Chrissy bumps her head and has fainting spells as a result. Visiting her in the hospital, Janet and Jack get the impression she's dying and they don't know how to handle it.
63. "The Loan Shark" #0410 [aired November 20, 1979]
Chrissy borrows money from a gangster, not realizing the consequences.
64. "The Love Barge" #0411 [aired November 27, 1979]
Jack gets a job as a cruise chef and can take only one guest with him. Janet or Chrissy: which will it be.
65. "Ralph's Rival" #0412 [aired December 4, 1979]
Chrissy agrees to act as a Furley's wife to impress a successful old friend of his who comes for a visit.
66. "Black Letter Day" #0413 [aired December 11, 1979]
The trio think an advice column was written about them; that Jack is secretly dating one of the two girls without the other girl knowing.
67. "The Reverend Steps Out" #0414 [aired December 18, 1979]
Reverend Snow has a chance for a new appointment on the condition that his daughter Chrissy move out of the apartment.
68. "Larry Loves Janet" #0415 [aired January 8, 1980]
Larry develops a crush on Janet.
69. "Mighty Mouth" #0416 [aired January 15, 1980]
Jack is dating a gymnast and her muscle-boy brother works him over in the gym for revenge.
70. "The Love Lesson" #0417 [aired January 22, 1980]
Furley offers to give Jack love lessons in hopes of turning him straight; if successful, Jack would have to move out.
71. "Handcuffed" #0418 [aired January 29, 1980]
Chrissy borrows her policeman cousin's handcuffs and
accidently gets locked together with Jack who has a big date waiting for him.
72. "And Baby Makes Two" #0419 [aired February 5, 1980]
Jack and Chrissy believe Janet wants to have a baby.
73. "Jack's Bad Boy" #0420 [aired February 12, 1980]
The trio help out a runaway boy.
74. "Lee Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" #0421 [aired February 26, 1980]
Jack is upset that his brother is coming for a visit because he was always did everything better than Jack.
75. "The Root Of All Evil" #0422 [aired March 4, 1980]
The trio start to fight over how to spend some money that Chrissy won at the races.
76. "Secret Admirer" #0423 [aired March 11, 1980]
Chrissy has a secret admirer.
77. "The Goodbye Guy" #0424 [aired March 25, 1980]
The trio believe Furley is going to kill himself because of his depression. They show him attention and he starts to abuse the favors.
78. "Jack's Graduation" #0425 [aired May 6, 1980]
A fellow student switches dishes with Jack to win a cooking contest at school and Jack is in danger of not graduating.
6th Season: (Fall 1981 - Spring 1982)
101/102. "Jack Bares All" #0601/0602 [aired October 6, 1981]
Priscilla Barnes joins the cast as Terri Alden, a nurse who is a little on the wacky side but has a heart of gold.
103. "Terri Makes Her Move" #0603 [aired October 13, 1981]
Terri moves into the apartment and onto Jack to see if he is true blue or just another one of those guys.
104. "Gigolo Jack (or Professor Jack)" #0604 [aired October 27, 1981]
Jack is giving cooking lessons to raise some money and Terri mistakes them as love lessons.
105. "Some Of That Jazz" #0608 [aired November 3, 1981]
Jack comes to the rescue when Janet meets an unscrupulous ballet dancer who tells her she has real talent to be a dancer in order to sleep with her.
106. "Lies My Roommate Told Me" #0607 [aired November 10, 1981]
Jack lies to Janet about having a date that night so that he can go out with 'Greedy' Gretchen.
107. "Two Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" #0606 [aired November 17, 1981]
Jack and Janet think a doctor that Terri brought home is really a mental patient.
108. "Eyewitness Blues" #0605 [aired November 24, 1981]
Jack witnessed a robbery and now wants protective custody to save him from the return of the criminal.
109. "Boy Meets Dummy" #0610 [aired December 1, 1981]
Jack has a date with Angelino's daughter against her father's strict wishes and so to turn her off, pretends he is with his 'wife' which is really a CPR dummy.
110. "Dates Of Wrath" #0609 [aired December 8, 1981]
When Terri steals Janet's new boyfriend by mistake, Jack plays go-between but loses his own girlfriend in the process.
111. "Macho Man" #0611 [aired December 15, 1981]
While taking fighting lessons from Terri, Jack accidentally tackles an undercover cop making an arrest and gets arrested for assault.
112. "Stranger In The Night" #0612 [aired January 5, 1982]
When Jack falls head over heels for a 'Southern belle', he decides to serenade her. His song, however, is overheard by an overweight 'Plain Jane' who thinks the song was for her.
113. "The Matchbreakers" #0613 [aired January 12, 1982]
Ralph Furley falls in love with a woman whom the trio believe is a golddigger just out for whatever Ralph can give her financially.
114. "The Holy Guest (or Oh, Nun)" #0614 [aired January 19, 1982]
Jack overhears a conversation between Terri and her friend, a visiting nun, who has decided to leave the convent to marry the man she loves. Jack thinks he is that man and tries to convince her he
is no good by pretending to be an alcoholic wharf rat.
115. "Maid To Order" #0615 [aired January 26, 1982]
To help give Cindy a job, the trio agree to hire her as their maid but with catastophic results.
116. "Hearts And Flowers" #0617 [aired February 2, 1982]
Janet's new boss is an efficiency expert and she drives Janet nuts. What doesn't help matters any is that Jack falls for her.
117. "Urban Plowboy" #0618 [aired February 9, 1982]
Larry uses Jack's name while out on a date that goes bad and when the girl's brother comes looking for Jack, he must hide out on Cindy's grandparents' farm until the heat is off.
118. "A Friend In Need" #0616 [aired February 16, 1982]
Jack agrees to help out a friend by posing as a head chef and becoming the favorite cook for a mobster with a spicy appetite.
119. "Jack's 10" #0620 [aired February 23, 1982]
Jack's new girlfriend is from high society and wants Jack to leave his 'poor' friends behind.
120. "Doctor In The House" #0621 [aired March 2, 1982]
To impress his visiting physician grandfather, Jack enlists Terri's help and pretends he is a doctor. He must then perform a complete physical on a patient: Janet.
121. "Critic's Choice" #0619 [aired March 9, 1982]
Jack goes all out to impress a food critic who turns out to be nothing but a drunken fool who steals Jack's date.
122. "Paradise Lost" #0622 [aired March 16, 1982]
Terri lines up a fancy new house for the trio to move into but Larry and Mr. Furley, not wanting to see their best friends leave, plot to make them feel wanted enough to stay.
123. "And Now Here's Jack" #0624 [aired March 23, 1982]
Jack gets his own cooking show and hires the girls as his assistants with unexpected results.
124. "Janet Wigs Out" #0626 [aired April 6, 1982]
Janet buys a blonde wig because she believes that 'blondes have more fun'. Her newfound attention gives her a swelled head and she
becomes totally obnoxious to everyone.
125. "Up In The Air" #0623 [aired May 4, 1982]
Janet needs a date to impress a new rich man she met and asks Jack to escort to her the ball which is held on a private island. Jack, afraid of flying, gets some tranquilizers from Terri, accidentally mixes them with liquor and becomes the 'life of the party.'
126. "Mate For Each Other" #0625 [aired May 11, 1982]
Jack and Janet try a new computer dating service and end up with each other when the computer matches their files.
127/128. "The Best Of Three's Company" #0627/0628 [aired May 18, 1982]
(1 hr Special hosted by Lucille Ball looking back on some of the best skits the show ever featured.)
5th Season: (Fall 1980 - Spring 1981)
79. "Upstairs Downstairs Downstairs" #0503 [aired October 28, 1980]
Jack has 4 dinner dates on the go at once.
80. "And Justice For Jack" #0501 [aired November 11, 1980]
Jack suffers sexual harrassment by his female boss at a restaurant where he works.
81. "A Hundred Dollars A What?" #0504 [aired November 18, 1980]
Chrissy goes to work at a convention as a hostess with an old friend of hers, not realizing the job is being a high priced call girl.
82. "Downhill Chaser" #0505 [aired November 25, 1980]
Jack pretends to be a professional skier to impress his new date who is a ski nut.
83. "A Crowded Romance" #0502 [aired December 2, 1980]
Jack and Larry both vie for the affections of one woman and Larry takes advantage of Jack's new job as a store window display mannequin to embarrass him in front of her.
84. "Room At The Bottom" #0506 [aired December 9, 1980]
Jack gets a job as a busboy and at the same time is misrepresenting himself to his new date as the owner.
85. "Chrissy's Cousin" #0507 [aired December 16, 1980]
Cindy Snow replaces Chrissy in the apartment as Jennilee Harrison replaces Suzanne Somers as the resident 'dumb blonde' on the series.
86. "Jack To The Rescue" #0508 [aired January 6, 1981]
Jack goes to Cindy's place of employment to fight for her job back after she loses it.
87. "The Not-So-Great Imposter" #0509 [aired January 13, 1981]
Jack assumes the identity of a famous chef when he is mistaken for him; however mobsters and jilted women are on the lookout for this guy and Jack takes the abuse.
88. "Jack's Other Mother" #0510 [aired January 20, 1981]
A little old lady adopts Jack as her so-called 'son' but becomes more trouble than she is help when she starts interfering in Jack's love life.
89. "Make Room For Daddy" #0511 [aired January 27, 1981]
Jack set up a date for his girlfriend's father with Janet; only Janet doesn't realize how old he is.
90. "Janet's Secret" #0512 [aired February 3, 1981]
To appease Janet's visiting parents who believe she is married, Jack must pose as her husband.
91. "Father Of The Bride" #0513 [aired February 10, 1981]
To help discourage Cindy's new beau who constantly nags her to marry him, Jack pretends to be her nuisance older brother.
92. "Furley Versus Furley" #0514 [aired February 17, 1981]
The trio try to help Ralph to get his job back after he is fired by his brother, Bart.
93. "In Like Larry" #0515 [aired February 24, 1981]
To settle a debate, Jack and Larry agree to switch apartments for awhile.
94. "Teacher's Pet" #0516 [aired March 3, 1981]
Dean Traver's neice starts making Jack part of her curriculum.
95. "And Baby Makes Four" #0517 [aired March 10, 1981]
Jack and Janet think Cindy is pregnant when she starts acting peculiar and talking about babies.
96. "Night Of The Ropers" #0518 [aired March 17, 1981]
Stanley and Helen Roper return to town for a bowling tournament and believe Mr. Furley has left his apartment vacant for them. When Ralph returns home and crawls in bed with Helen, Stanley thinks the two are having an affair and goes off the deep end.
97. "Double Trouble" #0519 [aired March 24, 1981]
In order to date Furley's neice, Jack must pretend that he is his fictitious brother, Austin.
98. "Dying To Meet You" #0522 [aired May 5, 1981]
Jack fakes his death to avoid dealing with a girl's jealous boyfriend.
99. The Case Of The Missing Blonde" #0520 [aired May 12, 1981]
Cindy goes to meet her father while he is visiting their town but Jack and Janet think that she has been kidnapped.
100. "Honest Jack Tripper" #0521 [aired May 19, 1981]
Jack insists on everyone telling the absolute truth even though it causes a lot of grief when diplomacy is called for.
7th Season: (Fall 1982 - Spring 1983)
129. "A Night Not To Remember" #0705 [aired September 28, 1982]
Janet asks Jack to play escort on her business date with a lecherous salesman whom she must deal with for her flower shop. Jack agrees, although he is suffering from a cold and mixes liquor with his medicine, getting drunk and stoned. Acting a fool back at the apartment, Jack smashes Janet's grandmother's vase and falls asleep in her bed.The next day, her reactions lead him to believe
he had his way with her.
130. "Jack Goes To The Dentist" #0701 [aired October 12, 1982]
Jack is paranoid when he has to visit the dentist; the very dentist that Terri broke off with earlier that day.
131. "Diamond Jack" #0702 [aired October 19, 1982]
Larry asks Jack to take over on a date for him and Jack gets mixed up with diamond smugglers by mistake.
132. "Extra, Extra" #0704 [aired October 26, 1982]
A newspaper article about three people sharing a similar living arrangement to the trio has them wondering if one of them spreading gossip about the others.
133. "Jack Gets His" #0703 [aired November 9, 1982]
Jack has great news...he is renting space from Mr. Angelino to open his own restaurant, Jack's Bistro.
134. "Opening Night" #0706 [aired November 16, 1982]
Larry supplies all of his Greek relatives to make Jack's grand opening a 'smash' success; a little more 'smashing' than Jack had hoped for.
135. "Cousin Cuisine" #0707 [aired November 23, 1982]
As a favor to Felipe, the trio allows his neice to stay with them until her wedding to prevent the immigration department from deporting her. Through a comedy of errors, everyone suspects Jack and the girl spent the night together.
136. "An Affair To Forget" #0709 [aired November 30, 1982]
Janet sets Jack up with an old director friend of hers from school whom she didn't know had since gotten married. That's okay, though, because the friend wanted to have an affair anyway.
137. "The Brunch" #0708 [aired December 7, 1982]
Jack hosts a Sunday brunch at the Bistro to prove to a pastor that it's a wholesome, family-oriented restaurant.
138. "The Impossible Dream" #0710 [aired December 14, 1982]
Larry believes he is a great singer and bugs Jack to give him a chance to entertain at the Bistro. Jack relents after seeing an adoring crowd at the restaurant cheering Larry, not knowing Larry set up the whole charade with his friends.
139. "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" #0711 [aired January 3, 1983]
Terri's new boyfriend is an ex-murderer who has a problem with rejection.
140. "Larry's Sister" #0714 [aired January 11, 1983]
Larry's overactive imagination makes him think Jack has had his way with Larry's kid sister when it was all very innocent.
141. "Bob And Carol And Larry And Terri" #0713 [aired January 18, 1983]
Terri overhears a rumor about two friends and tells the others who pass it on and get the story all mixed up.
142. "Going To Pot" #0712 [aired February 1, 1983]
Jack must pay a bribe to an inspector in order to get a health permit so he sets up a sting operation to catch him redhanded but leads the police to believe that it's a drug bust they're working on.
143. "Star Struck" #0716 [aired February 15, 1983]
Terri meets a soap opera star at the hospital and goes out on a date with him, thinking he is the sweet guy he is on TV when he is actually a lecher who must put on a good image to keep his acting job.
144. "Jack Goes The Distance" #0717 [aired February 22, 1983]
Jack is challenged to a boxing match by a tough guy.
145. "Jack's Double Date" #0715 [aired March 1, 1983]
Janet and Terri bet Jack that he can't go with women for a week. Although he is intent on proving them wrong, he weakens when he sets Furley up with an older woman whose bombshell daughter sweeps Jack off his feet.
146. "Janet's Little Helper" #719 [aired March 15, 1983]
As a favor to Ralph, Janet agrees to give his nephew some pointers on meeting girls. Jack thinks that Janet is having an affair with the boy.
147. "The Apartment" #0718 [aired March 22, 1983]
Jack accidentally stumbes onto Angelino's love hideaway when he decides to sleep in the little apartment above the restaurant.
148. "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow" #0720 [aired April 5, 1983]
Jack buys a fake moustache, hoping it will make him more attractive to girls but he ends up snaring Terri who finds Jack resembles an old flame she was crazy about in medical school.
149. "Navy Blues" #0721 [aired May 3, 1983]
An unscrupulous navy buddy of Jack's comes to town and worms his way into Jack's restaurant business, thinking he will just take over.
150. "Borrowing Trouble" #0722 [aired May 10, 1983]
Janet and Terri overhear and misunderstand a conversation Jack and Mr. Angelino are having about finances and think Jack is in debt. They arrange for Jack to 'win' money on a faked radio show; money borrowed from Mr. Furley and Larry. However, Jack uses the sudden winfall to buy a new leather coat he's always wanted.
8th Season: (Fall 1983 - Spring 1984)
151. "Jack, Be Quick" #0803 [aired September 27, 1983]
A woman wants Jack to father her child and Janet misinterprets an overheard phone conversation as being that Jack has deserted a woman he made pregnant.
152. "She Loves Me; She Loves Me Not" #0805 [aired October 4, 1983]
Jack is convinced one of the girls is secretly in love with him so Larry cooks up a scheme to isolate them and Jack in a cabin so that they can each have a turn to come clean.
153. "The Money Machine" #0804 [aired October 18, 1983]
Jack encounters an overgenerous banking machine and hides the extra money in the couch. Furley decides this would be a good day to replace the couch with a new one.
154. "Out On A Limb" #0801 [aired October 25, 1983]
Jack believes a food critic who visited his restaurant is going to give him a bad review so he writes a scathing letter to him. When he learns that the review is very favorable, he tries to retrieve the letter unopened and unread.
155. "Hearing Is Believing" #0806 [aired November 8, 1983]
Jack is dating a sex therapist whom Janet's father befriends and Janet thinks that the woman is a prostitute.
156. "Alias Jack Tripper" #0802 [aired November 15, 1983]
Janet wants Jack to take out her old friend, Agnes, who's coming for a visit and Jack has a date with another woman so he enlists the aid of Larry, who pretends he's Jack, for the benefit
157. "Grandma Jack" #0810 [aired November 22, 1983]
Jack's recipe that Larry entered into a contest for him wins one of the finalist prizes but Jack must dress as a grandmother in order to go head-to-head with the other contestants in a bakeoff
open only to women.
158. "Like Father, Like Son" #0812 [aired November 29, 1983]
Jack's father returns to town and Jack is bitter about the lost years.
159. "The Odd Couples" #0813 [aired December 6, 1983]
A married doctor has put moves on Terri and the trio and Larry put on a show to catch him in the act and embarrass him in front of his wife.
160. "Now You See It, Now You Don't" #0807 [aired December 13, 1983]
Jack's high society date takes him to a gambling party where they play with lots of fake money; only Jack thinks it's real and panics when he loses a bundle.
161. "The Charming Stranger" #0808 [aired December 20, 1983]
The new neighbor is rather strange and the trio think he is a jewel thief and a murderer, judging from sounds they overhear coming from his apartment when, in actuality, he is rehearsing a
ventriloquist act for a local appearance.
162. "Janet Shapes Up" #0809 [aired January 4, 1984]
To save Janet's new aerobics job, Jack must date the lecherous female instructor.
163. "Itching For Trouble" #0815 [aired January 10, 1984]
To help an old school chum save her marriage, Jack agrees to talk to her husband, a very jealous, big man.However, he learns she met with someone that day and now has poison ivy and so will the man she met up with...Jack.
164. "Baby, It's Cold Inside" #0814 [aired January 17, 1984]
When they surprise a burglar robbing the restaurant after store hours, Jack and Ralph are locked in the meat freezer by the thief.
165. "Look What I Found" #0811 [aired January 24, 1984]
The trio find some kittens on their doorstep and want to give them a good home despite the building's no-pet rules so they plot to get soft-hearted Ralph involved to help them with their case.
166. "Jack's Tattoo" #0817 [aired January 31, 1984]
Waking up from a wild party the night before, Jack learns that his navy buddies got him a tattoo while he was drunk.
167. "Jack Takes Off" #0818 [aired February 21, 1984]
To score points with a new neighbor, a beautiful artist, Jack poses nude for her art class.
168. "Forget Me Not" #0816 [aired February 28, 1984]
Jack feigns amnesia after smashing up Janet's new car and the girls, suspecting a faker, set up a prank to make Jack think he's marrying a strange woman.
169. "The Heiress" (aka The Inheritance) #0819 [aired March 8, 1984]
An old flower shop customer of Janet's leaves her a little something in his will and his family tries to cut her out. She meets her future husband in this episode.
170. "Cupid Works Overtime" #0820 [aired March 15, 1984]
Jack meets the new love of his life, Vicki, and Phillip proposes to Janet. This episode leaves off with a cliffhanger that leads up to Janet's wedding.
171/172. "Friends and Lovers" [aired September 18, 1984]
(Part 1 & 2) #0821/0822
[One hour special featuring Janet's wedding and sets up the
situation for Jack and Vicki to move in together. Storyline
continues into 'Three's A Crowd'.